Network Termination Unit
and Line Card for ULAF+ Access Switch
The QSTU is a SHDSL termination unit equipped with 4 SHDSL interfaces and (depending on the operating mode) up to 4 autonomous G.703 subscriber interfaces, what means, that an ULAF+ subrack can host up to 64 systems.
The QSTU significantly reduces space requirements in central offices, collocation and customer premises, thus reducing overall system costs. For cost-sensitive Telecom companies, the QSTU is the ideal platform to deploy 2 Mbit/s services.
- SHDSL.bis over 4wire pairs
- up to 4 E1 systems per unit
- up to 11.4Mbit/s Ethernet payload
- add/drop: ‘Fractional E1’ and Eth or nx64kbit/s data into 2Mbit/s G.704
- add/top: E1 and Eth or nx64kbit/s data over 1 or 2 wire pairs
- 8 stage repeater support (BSRU/BSRU+)
- optional integrated remote power supply
- versatile clocking options